Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter Fun


We got snow this year in Portland and it was lovely and fun for the kids.  Schools were mostly closed the week before the Holiday vacation started, and with so many streets not being plowed it ended up not being so lovely for many of us.  I was so thrilled to see it melt away and to feel warmer temperatures (high 40's and low 50's) along with the rain.  Yes!  I can handle this.  I moved here from San Francisco, so rain I is something I'm used to in the winter months. 

This was a picture I took of my grandson during his first experience with snow, and I made a digital painting from it.  He was so excited...he got to go sledding with a friend of his from day care/school and he and his dad built a wonderful snowman and he thought the weather was just fine. :-)    Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!




No comments: