Friday, January 9, 2009

Garden of Dreams


My first challenge!  This challenge is a background from Art Creations Friday.  They provided a beautiful background to work with and this is what I came up with. 

As I was playing with it, I  envisioned young dancers in a garden of flowers and went from there.  I see this as an Outdoor Theater with a young ballerina in the background watching and dreaming.  I had a great time working with this background and I hope you enjoy seeing what I did with it. 

14 comments:

Kris Dickinson said...

This IS dreamy! LOVE the use of Degas in this stunning piece!

Anneke said...

what can i say.
this card is magnificient-beautiful and so original.
love the title aswell.
great work

Faye said...

Tacey, all I can say is WOW!!! I love the look of the dancer over the background. Just beautiful.

Stacy said...

Tacey, you have started your blog off with a bang! Your Degas piece is truly magnificent! It has special meaning to me: when my daughter was a young ballerina she loved to look at her book on Degas. She is 21 now and no longer dances but she still loves Degas! I'm going to email this to her - she will love it. Thank you for sharing your special talents.

Anonymous said...

Its so gorgeous.

vintage wil said...

wow really a dream!
so gorgeous.

Femmy said...

fabulous!! great images!!!!

Jacqueline said...

You have used that background perfectly - sorry I am not a big fan of digital - but I must say this is fantastic!

Hanne said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning!

Myriame said...

This is really fantastic, great work

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous!

Char said...

Fabulous.

~*~Patty S said...

Such a beautiful garden of dreams, Love what you've done with this super background!

Gladie said...

This is so wonderful, beautiful - truly stunning piece of ART! :D