Friday, February 20, 2009

Night in the Woods


SoArtful Challenges has a wonderful challenge this week....Trees.  I love it, and so many ideas come to mind that it's hard for me to choose.  I'm hoping to have time to do at least one more this week.   I decided to start with this background that I got from Rustymermaid stock images called Snow 1.  I love nature, and decided to make a home for this beautiful Snowy Owl which was a tube from Top Design Tubes. A touch of land, a touch of water and the owl and it's a new home for him.  Now all he needs are the mice. :-)  Thanks, June for another great challenge. 

9 comments:

Kris Dickinson said...

Stunning piece! I love owls and this is fabulous! - Kris

JoanMarie said...

Love it, love it, love it!
Need I say more? ;)

Virginia said...

Just beautiful Tacey..I can almost see the mice!!Stunning work!!

Barbara Moustafa aka RustyMermaid said...

Tacey this is wonderful I love the frosty feel to it.
Thanks very much for your comment on Virus too, much appreciated.
and many thanks for choosing my stock
cheers Barbara

"MOI" Freubel said...

I love it how you played with the black & white colours and that you added the sun Tacey.

Jamie said...

Wow!!! Tacey this is amazing! I love everything about it. I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday sweetie! Love, Jamie

Susan said...

Tacey, this is beautiful. I found your blog through a comment on Kristen's blog. Your work is lovely. I am always looking for additional ways to express my art and have been trying to learn more about my digital photo program. Thanks for the inspiration. Susan

angelandspot said...

That is so pretty!

June said...

Hi Tacey, as you know, I have needed some time to get myself back on a reasonable level, enough to cope with things. My son is doing ok but still needs to keep healing and a long way to go. I thought i had better try and catch up a bit now though with all my online stuff so am just updating soartful.
I love this one its a stunner. Truly gorgeous trees and love the owls.
thanks for joining in my friend
Hugs June xxx