Friday, April 3, 2009

The Seagull for Artarazzi

Vron at Artarazzi was was kind enough to ask me to be a guest designer for the challenge this week.  I chose this picture of a seagull that I took last year at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. I was snapping pictures like crazy hoping to get one like this that was clean and focused...and that's what I got..just one really good one. :-)  This is the first piece I made using the seagull from the above picture. I was going for a misty, kind of soulful atmosphere in this one:

I'm looking forward to seeing what others do with it.  I love seeing all the different and creative pieces that each person makes from one image.  The talent that is displayed by everyone in these challenges is amazing, and I think seeing the difference that develops from each artist's viewpoint of the image helps us all in our own thought process and creativity.

Thank you Vron, for inviting me to be a guest designer this week.  I hope everyone enjoys working with this seagull.








5 comments:

Faye said...

Tacey, your work with the sea gull is awesome. I love the misty, cloudy version so much. Just the right effect. And your lovely card using the same image is beautiful. Great examples.
Faye

"MOI" Freubel said...

I just wrote already at Vron what a beautiful foggy picture you made Tacey. You're so good with that program of PSP ! Excellent !!
My entry today is perhaps not the "top of the bill" but you gave me so much joyfull moments making it. Thank you.

Jeanette said...

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

I can see where this kind of art is very addicting. Maybe someday I won't be so limited in the software department. You do wonderful artwork.

I'll be stopping back.

Birgit said...

I am glad that you decided to be a guest designer at Artarazzi, Tacey. I so enjoy seeing your work! Your seagull photo is amazing -- way to go!

Happy creating,
Birgit

indybev said...

...and I missed this one too! You must be posting long after I do. This is exquisite. Love the blending and the foggy morning feel!